Indian start-ups and enterprises have been using AWS for many years – with most Indian technology start-ups building their entire businesses on AWS, and numerous enterprises running mission-critical, core applications on AWS.
Said AWS CEO, Andy Jassy in his announcement. He continued, “These same 75,000 Indian customers, along with others anxious to start using AWS, have asked for an AWS India Region so they can move their applications that require low latency and data sovereignty.
We’re excited to make this available today, with the same pay-as-you-go pricing, ability to get started immediately without having to negotiate enterprise agreements or wait days for access, and unmatched functionality that customers enjoy in AWS Regions worldwide – all of which allows customers to go from idea to launch faster than ever before was possible.”
Today, we are excited to announce that our DigitalCube services
are now available in Asia Pacific (Mumbai) region:
- WooCommerce Powered by AMIMOTO (HVM)
- Ajenti Server Admin Panel 1 with Ajenti-V Powered by AMIAGE – web admin panel that supports PHP, Python, Ruby and Node.js.
- Open Source Chef server 11 (HVM) – stores cookbooks, policies applied to nodes, and metadata that describes each registered node managed by the chef-client.
- concrete5 (HVM) – a pre-configured operating system and virtual application software.
- GitBucket – Github clone written with Scala.
- Moodle Powered by AMIAGE – global learning platform that provides a secure integrated system dedicated to educators, administrations and learners.
The following DigitalCube services are coming soon to Mumbai region:
- WooCommerce Powered by AMIMOTO (HHVM)
- WooCommerce Powered by AMIMOTO (Apache HTTPD PHP7)
- WordPress Powered by AMIMOTO (Apache HTTPD PHP7)
- WordPress Powered by AMIMOTO (HVM)
- WordPress Powered by AMIMOTO (HHVM)
- Mautic Powered by AMIAGE – open source marketing automation platform
- DKAN Powered by AMIAGE – open data platform with data and content management cataloging, publishing and visualization features.
With tens of thousands of customers in India already making great use of AWS to drive cost savings, accelerate innovation, speed time to market and expand their geographic reach, I am confident that this new region will become a great home for startups, small-to-medium businesses, enterprises, and the public sector.